The Bet Tzedek Holocaust Survivors Justice Network
The Holocaust Survivors Justice Network (HSJN) is a coalition of Jewish social service agencies, law firms, and corporate legal departments gathered together by Bet Tzedek Legal Services to provide dignity and resources to Holocaust survivors across the country.
- Lawyers, paralegals, and social service workers who desire to be actively involved with the HSJN should Join this site to access our trainings and resources for two projects (1) the ZRBG life-time pension program, including reassessments, and (2) the one-time 2000€ German Ghetto Work Payment Program (GGWP).
- Holocaust survivors -- please look below to find FREE LEGAL SERVICES in your area. The information provided on this website is designed for FREE legal assistance. All HSJN members agree that Holocaust survivors should not ever be charged for legal services that derive from information provided by Bet Tzedek.
- EVERYONE: The ZRBG laws have changed!
- Germany has begun sending information letters to current ZRBG recipients that provide details regarding pension recalculations that relate to a recent ZRBG amendment that makes all ZRBG pensions retroactive to 1997.
- The impact of the amendment is different for every claim. Germany's information letter sets forth the facts for each individual.
- The letters are being sent on a "rolling" basis -- not everyone will receive letters right away. Be patient. We expect that all ZRBG recipients will receive a letter before the year is out.
- We offer substantive training to all HSJN members. They can help you understand your letter. Please review our National Referral List to find a member near you.
Germany offers social security pensions, as well as a one-time 2000€ "recognition" payment, for survivors who worked in Nazi ghettos. You MAY be eligible for a pension even if you currently receive other benefits.
To find free assistance in your area, go to:
- Please Note: Bet Tzedek's weekly call-in hour has moved from Fridays to Thursdays from 9:30am to 10:30am PST to answer GGWP and ZRBG questions (for Network Members only). Dial-in information is in the Library under "Resources."
- Do you have a question about the ZRBG Pension Program? Check out our specialized ZRBG Library!